Restricted PT & Supervisors
In this page, you will find the information for restricted license holders: new grads, new to jurisdiction and practicing with conditions.
If you plan to practice as a physical therapist in the Province of Saskatchewan, you must be licensed by the Saskatchewan College of Physical Therapists (SCPT). If you plan to practice in another province you will have to obtain a license in that jurisdiction. You can contact them directly (there are links to their websites available under the LINKS section of this site). If you encounter problems, please contact SCPT and we can work with you.
Working with a restricted license in Saskatchewan requires supervision. There are a number of documents that must be completed and understood prior to receiving a restricted licence: Regulatory Bylaw 5 and 14.
- Additional information about restricted licenses
- In order to practice you must sign a Supervision Agreement with your new supervisor.
Below are tools for use during the restricted period:
- Supervised Practice Monitoring Tools
- Monitoring Tool #1 – Chart Audit Template
- Monitoring Tool #2 – Training Video
- Monitoring Tool #2 – Canadian Physiotherapy Assessment of Clinical Performance (ACP)