Full Practice License
A full practicing membership is available to individuals who have successfully completed a physical therapy education program that is recognized by the council and have successfully completed both components of the Canadian Alliance of Physiotherapy Regulators’ Professional Competency Exam; or to individuals who are registered as the equivalent of a physical therapist in good standing pursuant to the legislation of another jurisdiction in Canada.
A practicing member is eligible to obtain a full practicing license, if the member:
(a) has completed 1200 practice hours of physical therapy practice anywhere in the world within the five-year period immediately preceding the date of the license application;
(b) has successfully completed a recognized educational program within the four-year period immediately preceding the date of the license application; or
(c) has successfully completed a recognized competency examination within the four-year period immediately preceding the date of the license application.
A practicing member who has not completed 1200 practice hours as described above is eligible to obtain a full practicing license but must satisfactorily complete a period of supervised practice.
- Complete the online Application for a Full Practicing License
- Provide proof of $5,000,000 Professional Liability Insurance
- Provide Letter of Good Standing from your current or most recent licensing body
- Pay the required fees for 2020:
- $500 Initial registration and Membership fees ($250 after October 1, 2020)
- $75 non-refundable initial registration fee
- Total = $575 CAD ($325 after October 1, 2020)
A license will be issued upon SCPT's approval. If you have any questions, please contact us.